With all of us social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s not safe to visit any salons or spas for that beautiful hair and skin. But maybe having to stay at home isn’t so bad. There are many ways you can utilize the ingredients in your kitchen to create your own face masks, hair masks and many more.
Not only are these DIY Beauty tricks simple and easy, but also effective. Here are 10 beauty hacks that you should definitely give a try:
- DIY Coffee Scrub: Add ½ cup of coffee grounds and moisten them with warm water. Add about ½ to ¼ cup of olive oil to the bowl of coffee and stir the mixture. This will form a paste that you can then rub onto your skin. This coffee scrub can be used to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, lighten dark circles and exfoliate the skin.
- Use castor oil for longer eyelashes: We all love and wish for long eyelashes! Wearing falsies every day is not healthy for the eyes and eyelash extensions are too expensive. This is where castor oil comes to the rescue. Applying castor oil to the eyelashes with a q-tip every night will give you envious long eyelashes. It can be applied to your scalp too!
- Apply several masks at the same time: Different masks serve different purposes. If you have combination skin or different problems in different areas of your face, then you can follow multi-masking. Multi-masking is the concept of applying different face masks to different areas of the face to serve their intended purpose. This will help you get the full benefit of the face masks.
- Quick curls when you’re in a rush: Curling your hair is a time- consuming task. But you can make it easier by just twisting your whole length of hair and then slowly pressing your straightener on each section. This will take 10 minutes maximum and will give you beautiful quick curls.
- Eyeshadow for a thicker scalp: Dust an eyeshadow (in the same colour family as your hair) along your part to shade your scalp slightly, making your hair appear thicker. You can also use this hack to cover any bald spots in your hair. It works like magic!
- DIY honey, cinnamon and coconut face mask: Stir one tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and coconut flakes and massage the mixture onto your face. This mask is full of anti-oxidants and it will make your skin incredibly soft. It will also help you reduce the size of your pimples if used regularly.
- DIY lip scrub: We all suffer from chapped and dry lips. A little exfoliation can go a long way to give you smooth and soft lips. Mix equal amount of brown sugar, honey and olive oil to make your own lip scrub. Use it once or twice a week for soft pink lips.
- Make your nail polish dry faster: Fill a bowl with ice and water, and soak your nails for a few minutes after painting them. The cold water will set the paint and help your nails dry faster. This reduces the drying time and you can move your hands around more freely.
- Heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer: Blowing hot air on your eyelash curler will help your lashes curl easier and stay curled longer. It works the same way as when your hair holds a curl with a curling iron. To do it, hit the lash curler with your blow dryer until it heats up, wait until it cools slightly but is still warm (you want to be sure not to burn your eyelid), and then clamp down on your lashes to curl them.
- Use green tea bags to reduce puffiness: The quickest way to de-puffing and tightening your under-eye skin is to apply a cold, caffeine-based product, like two cold green-tea bags, under your eyes for five or six minutes.
All these beauty hacks and DIYs are tried and tested and have given positive results. Although remember to do a patch test before you put anything on your face. With that said, all of these are safe and effective and will make your life a little bit easier. So why not test these out while stuck at home?